Twist and Shout
This warm up begins standing so that we are up and ready to go. It is also a change from how many yoga classes begin – with sitting or lying down. We twist to cleanse. The arm movements wake up and circulate the shoulders.
1. Right Arm Up
2. Twist: Circle right arm back at shoulder height, bend knees.
3. I Dream Of Jeannie: Reach left hand to right elbow, right hand to left elbow, still twisting.
4. Face Forward arms up, holding elbows.
5. Side Bend: Left arm down.
6. Side Bend: right hand on left ear.
7. Roll half way down: interlace fingers behind back.
8. Uttanasana: with arms reaching overhead.
9. Roll up: keeping hands high behind you until vertical.
10. Release arms
11. Repeat left side