No More Leg Cramps (Sprained Ankle Lessons – Part 3)
OW!! I’ve been awakened in the middle of the night from a deep sleep many times with a cramp in my lower leg so massive that it often distorts my foot, ankle or calf. My muscles are gripped so intensely that it feels completely stuck and won’t release at all. It’s shocking and also the worst way ever to wakeup.
BUT since I sprained my ankle in December 2021, I have not woken up once in the middle of the night with this disturbing pain.
I’m excited to share with you THE thing that’s taken away my severe lower leg/ankle/foot cramps at night!
Over The Years, I’ve tried so many different remedies:
- Hyland’s Homeopathic Leg Cramps remedy
- Asutra’s Melt Pain Away Magnesium Body Butter
- Magnesium Oil – a brand I bought at Whole Foods
- Calm – an anti-stress magnesium drink
- Drinking a huge glass of water, especially in the midst of a cramp
- Hydrating all during the day
- Stretching, of course, which I love and do all the time…
- Eating a banana daily
Each of these products and practices seemed to offer me some support.
What is my ultimate secret to night time cramp relief now??
I believe it’s the amazing and surprising result of two exercises that I did to rehab my ankle sprain:
Tibialis Raises and Calf Raises, two movements that strengthen the lower leg, ankle and foot muscles and have given me more resilience and strength.
Tibialis Raises strengthen the muscle at the front of the shin, as well as the lower leg, ankle and foot muscles.
Calf Raises strengthen the muscles of the back of the lower leg, ankles and arches of the feet.
* I did 4 sets of 20X (each exercise) every other day for my ankle recovery. I’d break up the sets doing two, then later 2 more. I still like to revisit these exercises.